Thursday, December 06, 2012

Evie is getting set to go to print

Why would an angel, who is a high-ranking warrior angel, want to know about salvation? I mean, you've always been in the presence of God, and you live in Heaven. So why would you leave all that behind?
God takes Ever Vigilant, or Evie up on her heart's desire. Just proves that you should be careful what you wish for...
Coming (electronically) around February/March 2013: "Evie: An Angel's Redemption"


I have been working on this book since I started to write about five years ago. Well, now is the time to take that fateful 'leap.' I am having it edited, having my friend and author/speaker/blogger extraordinaire, Dineen Miller, work on the cover art. It's sort of a scarey move for me, because now I am really putting my writing 'out there:' no more hiding behind anonymity; no more living in that comfortable little bubble where nobody can think one way or the other about my writing.

But, I'm looking forward to it. And no, I don't think I'll be a 'New York Times Best Selling author' right away, but I do believe in my book(s) {I have more in the works, including one about a demon who comes to earth, and literally raises Hell...but all in good time.} But this is the beginning of the adventure.

I do believe that when God gives you a talent -- which, by the way, I didn't discover until I was 53 -- that you must be faithful to use it. Of course, back then, I wrote really good essays, but not necessarily good fiction... It doesn't hurt, either, that my wonderful wife has encouraged me all along the way to keep moving forward and 'just do it!' > Love you, honey. Oddly, this process has taught me a lot about what I believe, and a lot about myself: I sometimes get caught up in 'story land' and have to return to planet earth. I have also realized that I'm a hopeless romantic, and the best way to do that is to do it to your spouse, i.e. C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-E. {Take note, gentlemen: we who are not talkers would be wise to learn to do just that.}

Well, here's to beginnings, and moving on to the next stage. Or, to quote Admiral David Glasgow Farragut's famous line from the Battle of Mobile Bay during the Civil War, “Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.”

No comments: