Sunday, March 15, 2009

I am being Edited

It was scary. First I had to part with lots of money, which is in short supply these days.

Then I actually had to let go of my baby (my 1st manuscript: unpublished writing, for you writing civilians). I submitted it to Tracy Ruckman, who works as WriteIntegrity.com. Would highly recommend her, even though I haven't gotten back my manuscript.

Needless to say, I am getting more nervous by the day, but I'm sure she'll be kind. After all, becoming a good writer is learning your craft, which is a slooooow, ongoing process. I've been in critique groups, been to conferences (and gotten very polite, "Keep working on it. You'll get there one day." answers).

Well, I knew that before I could submit my manuscript, I would have to have it professionally edited. So I have.

I'll let you know the results when I get my manuscript back.

Until then, happy writing (or reading, whichever applies)

Chas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the edit, Chas. I hope it works out for you!

Write on, my friend.